Vietnamese Style Chicken Thighs Rotisserie using IP and Air Fryer
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 4 chicken thighs (washed well with salt and pat dry)
- 2 tbsp of Maggi Soy Seasoning (can also use Melly brand)
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil (prefer olive oil for marinade)
- 1/2 tsp of Five Spices Powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of mushroom seasoning
- In a large bowl, mix well all sauces and spices under marinade section. Add chicken thighs to the mixture, toss well and allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator overnight or at least for at 4 hours, the longer the better!
- When ready to cook, turn on Saute mode on your IP. Add cooking oil enough to cover the bottom (around 2-3 tbsp) of the inner pot. Once the oil is hot add smashed garlic to release fragrance. Gently 1 by 1 add the thighs with skin side faces down. Sear for about 2 minutes then flip to the other side for another 2. Combine 1 cup of Coco Rico Soda with the marinade sauce and pour over the thighs. Give it a quick stir to make sure liquid also flows under the thighs. Close lid, be sure knob is on Sealing. Select: Pressure Cook/Manual, High Pressure, 6 minutes.
- Once IP cook time is over, gently move knob to Venting to release all pressure (Quick Release). Open lid and remove the chicken to a plate. Hit Cancel and select Saute mode, adjust to Normal heat. Bring the sauce to a boil for approximately 8 – 10 minutes to thicken the sauce. “Cancel” when the sauce has thicken and transfer to a bowl.
- Air Fryer – Place chicken in your Air Fryer basket with skin side faces down. Use a basting brush to rub some of the sauce onto the chicken thighs. Select 400 F, about 5-7 minutes. Half way through open the basket and flip the chicken. Then use the basting brush again and rub more sauce onto the chicken skin. Continue cooking until the skin is slightly brown/crispy to your liking, remove the chicken. Note: Please use this Air Fryer cook time as a guide especially if this is your first time making this dish, check on your chicken often.
- It’s best to serve with rice and some steamed vegetables such as broccoli. Use the extra sauce for dipping the chicken.