Đùi Gà Rô Ti Instant Pot (Chicken Drumsticks Roti)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 8 chicken drumsticks or about 2 lbs (prefer smaller size drumsticks, washed well with salt and pat dry; OPTIONAL – made a few cuts on each drumstick)
- 2 tbsp of Maggi Soy Seasoning (can also use Melly brand)
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil (prefer olive oil for marinade)
- 1/2 tsp of Five Spices Powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of mushroom seasoning
- Cooking oil
- 1 cup of Coco Rico Soda (can substitute with coconut water)
- 1 garlic clove (smashed)
- 1 green onion to garnish (chopped)
- 4 cups of cooked jasmine rice (refrigerated overnight to dry out the rice, broke up the clumps before cooking) *** if using IP to cook rice, ratio is 1 cup of rice to 1 cup of water. Select Rice button which is Low Pressure, 12 minutes. I highly recommend using a non-stick inner pot to cook rice to reduce rice scorching to the bottom of the pot.
- 3-4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1.5 tbsp of Mushroom Seasoning
- 1 tsp of sugar
- In a large bowl, mix well all sauces and spices under marinade section. Add drumsticks to mixture, toss well and allow the chicken to marinate on your counter top for about 30 minutes. For best result, marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, turn on Saute mode on your IP. Add cooking oil enough to cover the bottom (around 2-3 tbsp) of the inner pot. Once the oil is hot add smashed garlic to release fragrance. Gently 1 by 1 add the drumsticks. Sear for about 1-2 minutes then flip to the other side for another 2. Combine 1 cup of Coco Rico Soda with the marinade sauce and pour over the drumsticks. Give it a quick stir and close lid, be sure knob is on Sealing. Select: Pressure Cook/Manual, High Pressure, 4 minutes.
- Red Rice – On a stove top deep skillet, turn heat on to medium high and add butter. When the butter is melted add the cold rice. Stir and mix well for about 3- 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and spread out evenly on the rice. It’s best to use a spatula to mix. Continue for about 2-3 minutes. Season with about 1.5 tbsp of mushroom seasoning and 1 tsp of sugar. Please adjust to your taste. Turn off heat and remove from stove top.
- Once IP cook time is over, gently move knob to Venting to release all pressure (Quick Release). Open lid, hit Cancel, select Saute mode, adjust to Normal heat. Bring the sauce to a boil for approximately 10 minutes or until sauce is thicken to your liking, flip drumsticks a few times. Season to your taste with more sugar or soy seasoning if needed. Hit “Cancel” when the sauce has thicken to your taste. Add drumsticks to a serving plate and pour sauce over. Garnish with chopped green onion. Serve with rice!