Chè Chuối Instant Pot (Banana, Coconut Milk and Tapioca Pearls Dessert)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
Ingredients(for 6 or 8-quart IP)
- About 1 dozen of super ripe Thai Bananas/chuối sứ (peeled, diagonally sliced to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick OR halved (however you like!), optional to marinate them with 3 tbsp of sugar if they are not naturally sweet to your liking)
- Two (2) 14 oz cans of coconut milk (if available, use Savoy Coconut Cream, they are the best!)
- 1/3 cup of tapioca pearls (washed well, drained)
- About 1/3 cup (handful) of tapioca strips, zig zag-cut ones (washed well, drained)
- 3 Pandan leaves (typically found in the frozen section at most Asian stores)
- 1 cup of sugar (more if you like sweeter)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 bag of Vanilla Sugar OR 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups of water
- roasted peanuts (lightly crushed, click here for “Air Fryer” Roasted Peanuts recipe) and/or roasted sesame seeds as toppings
- Add to the inner pot 4 cups of water, Pandan Leaves, 1 cup of sugar, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 bag of Vanilla sugar, 1/3 cup of tapioca balls, 1/3 cup of tapioca strips, and sliced bananas. Give mixture a really good stir. Close lid, be sure Vent is on Sealing, select Pressure Cook/Manual, Low Pressure, 7 minutes.
- Once cook time is over, manually and gently move Knob to Venting to release pressure. Turn on Saute mode (keep lid off) and pour in 2 cans of coconut milk/cream. Bring liquid to a boil for about 5 minutes. Taste the sauce to see if it’s sweet to you liking. Add more sugar as needed. Stir often so tapioca strips won’t stick to the bottom. Turn off heat and remove Pandan Leaves. If not served immediately remove inner pot from IP or remove Chè Chuối from inner pot to prevent scorching.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle crushed peanuts/sesame seeds on top. Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator. Microwave to loosen the coconut sauce. Enjoy!