Chè chuối Instant Pot (Banana, Coconut Milk and Tapioca Pearls Dessert)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
Ingredients(for 6 or 8-quart IP)
- About 1 dozen of super ripe Thai Bananas/chuối sứ (peeled, diagonally sliced to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, option to marinate them with 3 tbsp of sugar if they are not naturally sweet to your liking)
- Two (2) 14 oz cans of coconut milk (if available, use Savoy Coconut Cream, they are the best!)
- 1/2 cup of tapioca pearls (less if you don’t want it too thick, soaked in warm water for 15-20 minutes, drained)
- 3 pandan leaves (typically found in the frozen section)
- 1 cup of sugar (more if you like sweeter)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 bag of Vanilla Sugar OR 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups of water
- roasted crushed peanuts and/or sesame seeds as toppings
- Add 4 cups of water and Pandan Leaves to inner pot, turn on Saute Mode (“normal” heat). Bring liquid to a gentle boil and dissolve 1 cup of sugar, /4 tsp of salt, and 1 bag of Vanilla sugar. Add in the sliced bananas and turn off Saute mode. Close lid, be sure Vent is on Sealing, select Pressure Cook/Manual, Low Pressure, 6 minutes.
- Once cook time is over, manually and gently move Knob to Venting to release pressure. Turn on Saute mode again and pour in 2 cans of coconut milk/cream along with the drained tapioca pearls. Bring liquid to a boil for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and remove Pandan Leaves. I like to let mine sit for 30 minutes or so before serving.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle crushed peanuts/sesame seeds on top. Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator. Microwave to loosen the coconut sauce. Enjoy!