I love freshly roasted peanuts. It’s great for snacking and as a topping on your sticky rice or grilled fish/beef. I usually have a few raw bags of peanuts in my pantry just in case! Roasting on the stove can be challenging since you have to literally stand there the whole time and move the chopsticks constantly so the peanuts wouldn’t burn. Someone told me about roasting in the microwave but I didn’t like the texture of it. I found the easiest way to roast peanuts is using the Air Fryer. It’s effortless and always comes out crunchy! Here are the easy steps:
- Lay the raw peanuts with skin in a single layer. Do not overcrowd!
- Set temperature to 375 F.
- Set cook time to about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from Air Fryer pour into a colander. Allow peanuts to cool down.
- Use your fingers to remove the skin by rubbing the peanuts against each other. Shake the colander a few times to separate peanuts from the skin.
- Remove peanuts and store air tight in a container or zip lock bag if not used immediately.