Canh Bông Cải Cà Rốt Gà Instant Pot (Vietnamese Chicken Soup with Cauliflower and Carrots)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- About 2 lbs of chicken drumsticks (washed well with salt)
- 1 lbs of carrot (peeled and chopped to large chunks about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cauliflower ~ about 1.5 lbs (washed and chopped to large chunks)
- 1/2 a white onion (sliced)
- 3 tbsp of Quoc Viet Chicken Soup Base
- 1 tbsp size of yellow rock sugar
- mushroom seasoning to taste
- 7 cups of boiling water
- ground black pepper
- 1 green onion and a handful of cilantro to garnish (chopped)
- Add chicken drumsticks, carrots, rock sugar, Quoc Viet Chicken Soup Base along with 5 cups of water to cover ingredients. Close lid and be sure knob is on Sealing. Select: Pressure Cook/Manual, High Pressure, 6 minutes.
- Once cook time is over, gently move knob over to Venting to release all pressure. Open lid, hit “Cancel”, and select Saute, adjust to High. Pour in 2 cups of boiling water. Add chopped cauliflower and white onion. Bring the broth to a boil until the cauliflower is soften to your liking. Use this time to adjust the taste. I added 2 tbsp of mushroom seasoning to my broth. Optional – Remove and de-bone the chicken.
- Hit “Cancel” once the cauliflower is soft. Pour soup to a large serving bowl. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green onion. Add fresh ground black pepper. Serve with rice or pasta such as macaroni.