Chè Đậu Xanh Phổ Tai Instant Pot (Mung Bean with Seaweed Sweet Soup)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 cup of mung bean (rinsed well; soaked in warm water overnight or at least 4 hours; drained)
- about 1 cup of dried sliced seaweed/kelp (washed multiple times; soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes; used a kitchen scissor to trim to smaller length of about 2-3 inches long)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of sugar (depends on your sweet level; I used organic cane sugar.)
- 6 cups of water
- Add mung bean, seaweed and sugar to inner pot. Pour 6 cups of water and give it a good stir. Close lid and be sure knob is on Sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook, High Pressure, 7 minutes, NPR. ***Please note if you decide not to soak the beans, please select 10 minutes, HP.
- Once the IP has completely released pressure on its own, open lid and remove any foam at the top with a skimmer. Taste and adjust the sugar to your liking. If it’s too sweet you can dilute with more water, 1 cup at a time. Use Saute mode to bring liquid to a boil. If it’s not sweet enough add more sugar, 1 tbsp at a time. Stir well and turn off Keep Warm.
- This dessert can be served warm, hot, cold, or over ice. Enjoy!