Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 bag of peeled corn, 12 oz (washed multiple times, drained) – Can be found at most Asian grocery stores.
- 1/3 cup of glutinous rice/sweet rice longrain, gạo nếp (washed multiples times, drained)
- 1 can of coconut milk/cream, prefer Savoy brand
- 3 cups of hot water (used hot water to speed up pressure building time)
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2-3 Pandan Leaves – OPTIONAL, can be found in the frozen section at most Asian grocery stores (washed well, tied into a knot)
- 1 bag of frozen scraped coconut, 8 oz – Can be found at most Asian, Hispanic grocery stores or even Super Walmart! If you have fresh ones, feel free to use those! (Soaked entire bag in warm water for 10 minutes to break it up a bit.)
Muối Mè Topping (combine all items below, mix well)
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of white sesame (roast in a pan on medium heat, constantly stirring until they turn light brown, lightly crush them to release flavor)
- 3 tbsp of crushed roasted peanuts, more or less up to you. Please click here for easy Air Fryer Peanuts Roasting recipe.
- Scraped Coconut: Add 1 cup of water to inner pot, insert steamer basket, add scraped coconut. Close lid, Knob on Sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook, High Pressure, 3 minutes, 10 minutes NPR. Remove and set aside. If you have 2 Instant Pots, you can use 1 pot to steam the coconut and the other to cook the corn in Step 2 below.
- Corn/Sticky Rice: Add to the inner pot: peeled corn, glutinous rice, coconut milk, 1 tbsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt, Pandan Leaves if you are using, and 3 cups of hot water. Stir well to ensure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot. Close lid, knob on Sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook, High Pressure, 35 minutes, 20 minutes NPR or Full NPR.
- Once cook time is over, wait an additional 20 minutes then gently Quick Release to let go of all remainder pressure. If you have time, let it NPR. Open lid, remove Pandan Leaves and stir the corn mixture well. Remove from inner pot to avoid scorching.
- To serve, add “Mushy Corn Sticky Rice” to a bowl, top with a generous amount of scraped coconut and sprinkle the Muối Mè topping, more or less up to you! This breakfast/snack item is typically served warm. If you have any leftovers, keep them in the refrigerator separately from the scraped coconut. Reheat using the microwave as needed.