Súp Bò Viên Instant Pot (Beef Balls Soup)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 2-3 lbs of pork bones, prefer marrow bones (washed well, parboiled for 5 minutes on the stove top, rinsed well all impurities)
- 2 lbs of beef balls, prefer Tay Ho brand with tendon (washed well, halved or quartered)
- 1 white or yellow onion (peeled outer dried layers)
- 1 lbs of daikon (peeled, halved, cut into smaller 2-3 inches pieces)
- 4 tbsp of Quoc Viet Pork Soup Base
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp size of yellow rock sugar
- 1 tbsp of mushroom seasoning, more to taste
- 15 cups of boiling water, use hot water to speed up pressure building time
- a handful of Culantro – a must! (washed well, thinly sliced)
- a handful of Cilantro and 3 green onions (washed well and coarsely chopped)
- Hoisin sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- black pepper
- a few crispy baguettes for dipping! – OPTIONAL
- Add the following items to the inner pot: pork bones, daikon, onion, 4 tbsp of Quoc Viet Soup Base, 1 tbsp size of yellow rock sugar and 8 cups of boiling water. Be sure all ingredients are submerged under water, close lid and select Manual/Pressure Cook, High Pressure, 20-25 minutes, full NPR or 20 minutes NPR.
- Once cook time is over, you can wait 20 minutes and do a QR to release all remainder pressure or if time permits, let the IP NPR. Open lid, remove and discard bones, onion, and daikon. Use a mesh strainer to remove any impurities from the broth. Cancel “Keep Warm” and select Saute mode, Adjust to Normal. Add 7 cups of boiling water, 1/2 tsp of black pepper and 1 tbsp of mushroom seasoning. Taste the broth and season to your taste. Add beef balls and bring it to a a boil for 5 minutes. Turn off Saute mode.
- To serve, add beef balls and broth to a bowl. Garnish with chopped culantro, cilantro, and green onion. Sprinkle with ground pepper. Dip beef balls with some Hoisin and Sriracha sauce. Crispy baguettes can be dipped into the hot broth.