Đậu Hũ Muối Sả (Lemongrass Tofu)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 4 pieces of Firm tofu, can cut into 8 pieces for easy handling/frying (make multiple vertical cuts without splitting up the tofu, see photos below)
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 3 tbsp of finely minced lemongrass (about 2-3 stalks, used bottom white part, minced with your knife or food processor)
- 1 tsp of water
- 2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1-2 fresh chili (thinly sliced)
- Combine sea salt, turmeric powder, garlic powder, minced lemongrass and 1 tsp of water. Mix well. Pour mixture on top top of 4 pieces of tofu. Be sure seasoning mixture goes into the vertical openings of each piece of tofu (wear gloves to rub it in). Allow it to marinate on your counter top for 15-30 minutes.
- In a frying pan or skillet, on medium heat add about 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil (generous amount). Once it’s hot add sliced garlic to release fragrance. Then gently add the tofu. Sear top and bottom sides for about 4-5 minutes until slightly brown. Remove from heat.
- Best serve with rice. It can be used as protein option to make vegetarian sandwiches!