I love snacking on roasted almonds. Almonds contain a lot of healthy fats and protein in addition to fiber. I like having it at work for a morning snack. Just a handful of almonds is sufficient to keep my belly happy to lunch.
Before I had to ask my Mom to roast it for me on the stove top. She would put a layer of salt on the pan then add the almonds on top. The salt is to control the heat to prevent the almonds from burning too quickly. Mom had to stand by the stove constantly stirring for a good 10 to 15 minutes to roast the almonds. Recently I experimented with roasting in the Air Fryer. Because why not? I do use my Air Fryer to roast peanuts so this should work as well. And indeed it worked like a charm!
Here are the easy steps:
- Lay the raw almonds in a single layer in your Air Fryer basket. Like peanuts, do not overcrowd them!
- Set temperature to 375 F.
- Set cook time to about 5 minutes. (Please note cook time might vary base on the size of your Air Fryer and brand. Check often initially to prevent over roasting!)
- Remove from Air Fryer and pour into a bowl. Allow almonds to cool down completely. You’ll hear crackling/popping sounds which is normal. Don’t attempt to eat while it’s not, the texture will be soft/chewy.
- Once they have cooled down you can enjoy immediately. Roasted almonds can be stored in your favorite air tight jars ,containers or zip lock bags. It makes a perfect snack for your kids at school too!