Súp Nui Sườn Heo Instant Pot (One Pot Elbows and Spare Ribs Soup)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 2 lbs of spare ribs (washed, parboiled for 5 minutes on stove top, rinsed well)
- 2 cups of Elbows pasta
- 1 lb of carrot (about 3 medium loose carrots, peeled, cut into large chunks about 1 inch length)
- 1 onion, yellow or white (peeled outer dried layers)
- 1 tbsp of Quoc Viet Pork Soup Base (if you want to omit, add more salt and balance it out with sugar, no exact amount so please cater to your taste)
- 1.5 tsp of sea salt (add a little more if using table salt)
- 1 thumb-sized (approximately) piece of rock sugar
- mushroom seasoning to taste
- sugar to taste
- pepper to garnish
- chopped onion/cilantro to garnish
- chopped fresh chili if you like it spicy
- About 9 cups of hot/boiling water (use boiling water to speed up pressure building time)
- Add parboiled spare ribs, Elbows pasta, carrots, onion, 1 tbsp of QV soup base, 1.5 tsp of sea salt, rock sugar and 8 cups of hot/boiling water. Close lid, set knob to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook/Manual, High Pressure, 6 minutes with 5 minutes NPR.
- After the 5 minutes NPR, manually release pressure by gently/slowly turning knob to Venting. Open lid, remove onion and add in 2 more cups of hot/boiling water. Cancel Keep Warm and select Saute to bring broth to a boil. Use this time to taste your broth and make adjustments as needed to cater to your taste. For me, I added in 2 tbsp of mushroom seasoning and about 1 tsp of sugar.
- Ladle to soup bowl. Garnish with chopped onion/and or cilantro and black pepper. Serve immediately. I don’t recommend making extra for the next day. Leftovers may need additional broth as pasta will slowly absorb liquid and broth will thicken.