Pâté Chaud - Bánh Patê Sô (Vietnamese Savory Puff Pastry)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 lb of ground pork
- 1 can of pork liver pate (about 80 grams, you can use fresh pate as well)
- 2/3 cup of coarsely chopped white onion
- 1/2 tsp of ground pepper
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of rice cooking wine
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the ingredients under “The Filling”. Mix well. Divide into 27 parts (evenly if you can).
- If you use cooking spray, spray it on your trays. If you use parchment paper cut to your tray size. If you have silicone baking mats just place directly on the tray.
- Each Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry box comes with 2 sheets. Divide each sheet into 9 squares (ish). Place filling on a square sheet and cover with another one. Use the pork to press down to create a seal between the 2 squares. Place pastry on your baking tray and continue to with the remainders. Have about 2 inches gap between them on the baking tray. Use a basting brush and apply a thin layer of egg yolk on top of the pastry.
- Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden yellow. Remove from oven once it’s done and let it cool down for about 5-10 minutes before transferring out of the baking tray. Enjoy it warm with a cup of coffee or tea. If you like it spicy dip in a little bit of sriracha sauce.
- You can store leftover pastries in the fridge, covered. Heat up best using an Air Fryer for a few minutes at about 350 F.