Vietnamese Alphabet Beef Soup IP
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 lb of ground beef (I used the 93% lean beef.)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of mushroom seasoning
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil
- 10 cups of boiling/hot water (use boiling water to help speed up pressure building time)
- 1.5 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp size of rock sugar
- 2-3 tbsp of mushroom seasoning
Garnishes and Pasta:
- 1 bag/box of Alphabet Pasta, boil according to directions on the package, drain and set aside (It can also be found in the Hispanic/Ethnic food section of most stores.)
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- a handful of cilantro, chopped
- ground pepper
- fried shallot (optional)
- Combine the ground beef and all other items under the marinade section. Mix well and set aside for at least 15 minutes before cooking.
- When ready to cook, turn IP on Saute mode with Normal setting. Add 3 tbsp of cooking oil to inner pot. Once it’s hot add the marinated ground beef. Stir, mix and try to break up the ground beef. Once the beef is evenly cooked pour in 10 cups of boiling water, 1.5 tsp of sea salt and 1 tbsp size of rock sugar. Cancel Saute mode, close lid and make sure knob is on Sealing. Select Pressure Cook/Manual, 5 minutes High Pressure.
- When cook time is done wait an additional 15 minutes (15 minutes NPR) then slowly turn knob to Venting to release all remaining pressure. Open lid and turn on Saute mode, Normal setting. Skim and remove any foams that are on the top surface of the broth. Add 2-3 tbsp of mushroom seasoning and stir well to dissolve. Taste the broth and adjust accordingly to your liking by adding more sugar, mushroom seasoning… etc. Turn off Saute when you are happy with the taste.
- To serve add Alphabet Pasta to a soup bowl, garnish with chopped onion and cilantro. Ladle the hot broth over the pasta. You can also top with fried shallot and ground pepper. Enjoy!