One Pot Spaghetti Meatballs Instant Pot
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 lb of spaghetti
- Two (2) 24-oz jars of pasta sauce (I love Reganno Marinara Sauce from Aldi’s)
- 2 lb of frozen meatballs
- 1 bell pepper, any color (washed and chopped)
- 1/2 cup of chopped white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (smashed)
- 1 box of mushroom (washed and sliced)
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt – or more to taste
- dried basil leaves
- olive oil
- 6 cups of water
- shredded or grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Turn on Saute mode and add 1-2 tbsp of cooking oil to cover the bottom of inner pot. Add smashed garlic until fragrance then follow with chopped onion, bell pepper, and sliced mushroom. Stir/Mix for 2 minutes and season with 1/2 tsp of sea salt. Add the frozen meatballs and 1 jar of pasta sauce to the mixture and stir well. Break spaghetti in half and sprinkle on top. Pour the 2nd jar of pasta sauce and 6 cups of water into inner pot. Add a few dashes of dried basil leaves. Give it a quick stir and be sure all solid ingredients are submerged. Close lid, put knob on Sealing position. Select Pressure Cook/Manual, High Pressure, 6 minutes, Quick Release.
- Once cook time is over, gently move knob to Venting position to release all pressure. After the safety pin drops, open lid and give mixture a good stir to break up the spaghetti. Taste the sauce and season with more sea salt if needed. Cancel “Keep Warm”. Please note that it might look like a lot of liquid but as the pasta cools down the sauce will slowly absorbed. You may also turn on Saute mode for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
- To serve, add spaghetti meatballs to a plate and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Best serve with garlic bread!