Nước Mắm Pha (Vietnamese Dipping Fish Sauce Mixture)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 cup of good fish sauce such as Three Crabs brand
- 1.5 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar
Garnish(amount for each up to you!)
- minced garlic
- chipped fresh chili (or jar chili sauce)
- Combine all ingredients above and bring it to a boil for about 5 minutes on the stove top. Remove any bubbles and taste the fish sauce mixture before turning off heat. The sauce shouldn’t be salty. It should be a little sweet. Adjust as necessary to your taste.
- Wait until the mixture has completely cooled down before transferring to a storage jar. Close lid tight and keep in the refrigerator. When ready to eat, pour out the amount that you need and add minced garlic and chili. This dipping sauce is served with egg rolls, different vermicelli dishes such as grilled pork, broken rice, different fish rolls… etc. Mixture can be kept in the fridge for months!