Chả Trứng Instant Pot (Vietnamese Meatloaf)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
– 1 lb of ground Pork
– 1/3 cup of crab meat (optional, I usually don’t add)
– 1 bundle of bean thread/cellophane noodle (soaked in warm water, chopped)
– 1/2 an onion (chopped)
– 2 green onion (chopped)
– 1/3 cup (handful) black fungus/wood ear Mushroom (soaked in warm sink water, rinsed and chopped)
– 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
– 6 eggs
– 1/2 tsp of annatto oil for color (optional)
– 1 Tbsp of fish sauce
– 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce
– 1 tsp of cooking oil
– 1 tsp of sugar
– 1 tsp of mushroom seasoning
– 1/2 tsp of black ground pepper
– cooking spray
– 7-inch Springform pan
– aluminum foil
1. Separate 2 egg yolks and set aside. Optional to add 1/tsp of annatto oil and mix well. In a large bowl, add egg white and remainder 4 eggs along with all ingredients above. Mix well.
2. Apply cooking spray around Springform pan (highly recommend to use this type of pan). Add mixture and distribute evenly. Place trivet into inner pot, add 1 and 1/2 cup of water. Place pan on trivet. Loosely cover with aluminum foil to prevent condensation. close lid and select Manual/Pressure Cook, High Pressure, 16 minutes, NPR (around 10 more minutes).
3. Open lid and remove foil. Switch to Saute mode adjust for Normal heat. Add egg yolk mixture to the top and spread evenly. Cook on Saute for about 5 minutes or until the egg yolk mixture is set.
4. Turn off Saute mode and slowly pull out pan. Allow the meatloaf to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges before removing meatloaf. Be sure to cover meatloaf with food wrap to prevent the top from drying. Serve best with broken rice!