Canh Dưa Cải Chua Nấu Sườn Instant Pot (Pickled Mustard Greens with Spare Ribs Soup)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 lb of spare ribs (parboiled on stove top for 5 minutes, rinsed, drained)
- 1 lb of pickled mustard green (drained liquid)
- 1 large tomato or 2 small, about 2/3 of a lb (sliced to large chunks)
- 1 white or yellow onion (peeled outer dried layers)
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of rock sugar
- 3 tbsp of mushroom seasoning, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper, more to garnish
- 1 green onion (coarsely chopped to garnish)
- 7 cups of water
- Add spare ribs, 2 tsp of sea salt, 1 tbsp of rock sugar, and an onion to the inner pot. Cover with 7 cups of water, use boiling water to speed up pressure building time. Close lid, select Pressure Cook/Manual, High Pressure, 6 minutes, 10 minutes NPR.
- Once cook time is up wait an additional 10 minutes then slowly release remaining pressure by turning the valve to Venting. Open lid, remove and discard onion. Turn off “Keep Warm” and select Saute mode. Season the broth with about 3 tbsp of mushroom seasoning and 1/4 tsp of salt. Add sliced tomatoes and pickled mustard green. Allow broth to boil for about 5 -10 minutes to soften tomatoes and pickled mustard. Before turning off heat taste the broth and make any adjustments as necessary to cater to your taste.
- Before serving, add coarsely chopped onion. Pickled Mustard Green with Spare Ribs Soup can be served with rice. It goes well with Thit Kho to make a great family dinner.