Bún Nước Lèo Chay Instant Pot (Vegetarian Vermicelli Noodle Soup)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 jicama (peeled and cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 Daikon (peeled and cut into large chunks)
- 3 carrots (peeled and cut round aboujt 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 onion
- 1 piece of thumb-sized rock sugar
- 5 tbsp of Quốc Viet Vegetarian Soup Base
- mushroom seasoning and sugar (to taste as needed)
- 1 package of Shiitake mushroom (washed and sliced in half)
- 1 package of oyster mushroom (washed and sliced to bite size)
- 1 package of white mushroom (washed and sliced in half)
- Fried tofu (about 1 large block, thinly sliced)
- 2 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp of oyster sauce (can substitute with Hoisin sauce)
- mushroom seasoning
- cooking oil
- chopped onion and cilantro
- bean sprout
- fresh chilli
- lime wedges
- Vietnamese coriander (Rau Ram)
- ground pepper
- Vermicelli (cooked according to package instruction)
- Add to inner pot: jicama, daikon, carrot, onion, rock sugar, and 5 tbsp of Quốc Viet Vegetarian Soup Base. Pour about 5 cups of boiling water (using boiling water will speed up pressure building time) or more to cover ingredients. Select Manual/Pressure Cook, High Pressure, 10 minutes. 15 minutes NPR.
- In a deep skillet, add about 3 tbsp of cooking oil follow with sliced shallot. Once shallots release fragrance, add Shiitake mushroom and stir fry for 4 minutes. Then add oyster and white mushrooms and saute for another 3. Add sliced fried tofu, 2 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of mushroom seasoning and saute for another 2 minutes. Season to taste, turn off heat and set aside.
- Once cook time is up wait an additional 15 minutes for the IP to release pressure on its own, then slowly move knob to Venting to release remainder pressure. Open lid to remove and discard jicama and onion. Pour 5 more cups of water (about 10 cups total). Switch to Saute mode and bring broth to a boil. Season to taste with mushroom seasoning (I added about 1 tbsp) and/or sugar.
- To serve, place cooked Vermicelli in a large bowl, add saute toppings, pour boiling broth along with daikon and carrot on top. Garnish with chopped onion and cilantro, and ground pepper. Serve with bean sprout, Vietnamese coriander, fresh chili, and lime wedges.
Broth for 6 or 8-quart IP:
Garnishes and others: