Steamed Cornish Hen with Kaffir Lime Leave and Lemongrass Instant Pot
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 Cornish hen, about 1 lb or so (washed with salt, rinsed with warm water)
- 2 stalks of lemongrass (chopped into small length of about 3-4 inches)
- 10 fresh Kaffir lime leaves (washed a few times)
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
Kaffir Lime Leaves Dipping Sauce (combined ingredients below)
- salt, pepper, lime juice (cater to your taste)
- 2-3 Kaffir lime leaves (cut into small strips)
- Steam basket or trivet if you don’t have a basket
- Combine 1/2 tsp of sea salt with 1/8 tsp of ground pepper. Rub the outside and inside cavity of the Cornish hen with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavity with 1 stalk of chopped lemongrass and 5 Kaffir lime leaves.
- Add 1 cup of water to inner pot. Add some chopped lemongrass and Kaffir lime leaves to the steam basket, spread evenly. Place Cornish hen on top, add remainder lime leaves and lemongrass. Gently drop basket into inner pot. Close lid, pull knob to Sealing, Select Pressure Cook, High Pressure, 10 minutes, NPR.
- Once the IP has completely released pressure on its own, open lid and gently pull the basket out. Remove hen from basket and wait for it to cool down before de-boning. Serve well with Kaffir Lime Leaves Dipping Sauce above.