Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 2 lbs of cuttlefish, can be 1 large or 2 small and often found in the frozen section (defrosted, washed well with salt and rinsed with warm water, drained to dry)
- 1.5 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of mushroom seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- 1 tbsp of sate chili oil (any brand would work, if you make your own sate it would be even better!)
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
Others and Tools:
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Air Fryer – I used my Instant Pot Vortex Plus 10-quart Air Fryer.
- Basting brush
- Kitchen gloves
- Combine seasoning ingredients above into a paste. Put on your kitchen gloves and rub the paste onto the cuttlefish. Make sure to rub the inside and the tentacles as well. Cover and set aside to marinate for about 1-2 hours (at least) in the refrigerator.
- Set your Air Fryer to 400 F for 18 minutes. Place the marinated cuttlefish onto the middle rack (if you have multiple racks). Half way through, open the Air Fryer and use the basting brush and rub the remainder marinade paste onto the cuttlefish, both sides. Flip the cuttlefish around and close the Air Fryer lid. Continue cooking until the edges and tentacles are charred. Remove from the Air Fryer and let it cools on the counter top for about 10 minutes before slicing. Squeeze a little bit of lime juice on top when you are ready to serve. For extra spice, serve with extra sate chili oil on the side. Enjoy with a nice cold drink of your choice (it goes well with cold beer!)