Đậu Hũ Ram (Caramelized Tofu)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 lbs of fried tofu (make multiple vertical cuts without splitting up the tofu, see photos below)
- 3 tbsp of Maggi Soy Seasoning or similar (Mely brand is also good!)
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- cooking oil for frying
- Combine Magi Soy Seasoning, sugar, Hoisin Sauce. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Add mined garlic to the mixture. Pour mixture on top top of fried tofu. Be sure marinade goes into the vertical openings of each piece of tofu. Allow it to marinate on your counter top for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan or skillet, heat up about 1-2 tbsp of cooking oil. Once it’s hot gently add the tofu along with its marinade. Sear each side for about 2-3 minutes until sauce thicken/caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Best serve with rice. It can be used as protein option to make vegetarian sandwiches!