Chicken Vegetable with Lemon Soup Instant Pot
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1/2 a rotisserie chicken (I got mine from Costco!), deboned and shredded
- 3 stalks of carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small white or yellow onion, chopped
- 3 thick slices of lemon
- 4 thick slices of ginger
- 1-2 pieces of smashed garlic
- 2 cans of Swanson low sodium chicken broth (14.5 oz each can)
- 2 cups of hot water
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- sea salt
- mushroom seasoning
- black pepper
- a handful of cilantro, washed and coarsely chopped
- 3 stalks of green onion, chopped
- more black pepper, optional
- Turn IP on to Saute mode, Adjust for Normal heat. Add 1-2 tbsp of canola oil and once it’s hot add smashed garlic and ginger. Gently stir until they release fragrance and add your chopped carrot, celery and onion. Mix well and season with a few dashes of black pepper and 1 tsp of sea salt. After 2 to 3 minutes add 2 cans of chicken broth and 2 cups of hot/boiling water. Close lid, cancel Saute, Select Pressure Cook/Manual, set to 3 minutes High Pressure.
- Once cook time is over, Quick Release (manually releasing pressure with the knob). Open IP, turn off Keep Warm, set IP to Saute with Normal heat again. Add in shredded chicken and 3 slices of lemon. Add 1 more tsp of sea salt and 2 tbsp of mushroom seasoning. Adjust to your taste as needed. Bring the soup to a boil and turn off IP.
- When ready to serve, ladle the soup into a bowl and garnish with chopped cilantro and onion. Add more black pepper on top if you like!