Chè Bà Ba Instant Pot (Vietnamese Dessert Soup with Coconut Milk)
Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- (perfect for 3-quart)
- About 1 lb of yam, cassava/yuca, sweet potato, taro – can be a combination or just 1 kind!(removed skin, cut into small cubes, soaked in salt water for 5 minutes),
- 1/3 cup of shredded tapioca strips (washed well)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of seaweed strips/dried sliced kelp (washed multiple times, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes, rinsed well)
- 1/2 cup of peeled split mung beans (washed and rinsed multiple times until liquid runs clear)
- 1 can of coconut milk, 13.5 fl oz
- 2 cups of milk (I used 2%)
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of sugar (depending on your sweet preference)
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar OR 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 pandan leaves (washed, tied into a knot) – OPTIONAL
- Add tapioca strips into inner pot along with 2 cup of water. Make sure the strips are submerged. Select Manual/Pressure Cook, High Pressure, 3 minutes. Quick Release
- Once the cook time is up, quick release. Open lid and add cubed vegetables, seaweed strips, mung beans, coconut milk, sugar, vanilla sugar/or vanilla extract, and pandan leaves if used. Give the pot a good stir and close lid. Select Manual/Pressure Cook, High Pressure, 5 minutes. Quick Release. ***Please note to be extremely careful when QR with the 3-quart as mixture is close to the valve. Slowly and gently move valve to Venting to prevent spillage.
- Open lid and add 1 to 2 cups of milk depending on how thick you want your dessert to be. I added 2 cups. Adjust the sweetness level to your taste by adding more sugar. Turn off “Keep Warm” and serve immediately.