Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 large salmon steak or salmon fillet (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper, extra to garnish
- 1 large tomato or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of mushroom seasoning
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1.5 tbsp of cooking oil for saute and 1/tbsp to season the fish (preference is olive oil)
- Cilantro to garnish
- cooking spray
- Wash salmon and pat dry. Season both sides of the salmon with 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of ground pepper and about 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Spray Air Fryer basket with some cooking spray. Place salmon in the Air Fryer, set temperature to 400 F and time to about 16-18 minutes.
- Add about 1.5 tbsp of cooking oi to a sauce pan. Once it’s hot add minced garlic and shallot follow with chopped tomatoes. Saute for about 30 second then add 1/4 cup of water and bring it to a boil. Season the sauce with 2 tbsp of mushroom seasoning, tbsp of sugar and 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce. Add more or less of each to cater to your taste. Stir well and turn off heat.
- Once the fish is done carefully remove from Air Fryer. Pour tomato sauce onto the fish. Garnish with cilantro and black ground pepper. Serve immediately with rice!
Thank you Katie for this awesome recipe. The guide is really easy and good. I’m going make this for dinner.