Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
– 8-10 pork chops (prefer thin sliced, with a tiny layer of fat on the edges)
– 1 gallon sized Ziploc bag (optional, but it makes cleanup a breeze!)
– 1/4 cup of Maggie Seasoning
– 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup of Hoisin Sauce
– 1/4 cup of olive oil (or regular cooking oil)
– 1tbsp of garlic powder
– 1 tsp of Five Spices Powder
Garnish Mỡ Hành (Scallion Oil)
– 2 tbsp of olive oil
– 1-2 green onion (chopped)
– a pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade. Add pork chops to the Ziploc bag and pour marinade mixture over the top, gently squeeze to release any air and close the bag. Turn a few times to be sure the marinade is well distributed. Allow the pork chops to marinate for about an hour in the refrigerator, best if overnight.|
- When ready to “grill”, lay pork chops in a single layer in the Air Fryer (no stacking please!). Set temperature to 400 F, 10-14 minutes setting depending on the thickness. Half way through, gently flip the pork chops.
- For the Mỡ Hành, in a small bowl combine onion, oil and salt. Cover and microwave for about 1 minute.
- Remove pork chops from Air Fryer, garnish with Mỡ Hành. Serve with rice/broken rice and Vietnamese Meatloaf.