Author: Katie Le | Katie’s Test Kitchen
- 1 large salmon steak or salmon fillet (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper, extra to garnish
- 1 large tomato or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of mushroom seasoning
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1.5 tbsp of cooking oil for saute and 1/tbsp to season the fish (preference is olive oil)
- Cilantro to garnish
- cooking spray
- Wash salmon and pat dry. Season both sides of the salmon with 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of ground pepper and about 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Spray Air Fryer basket with some cooking spray. Place salmon in the Air Fryer, set temperature to 400 F and time to about 16-18 minutes.
- Add about 1.5 tbsp of cooking oi to a sauce pan. Once it’s hot add minced garlic and shallot follow with chopped tomatoes. Saute for about 30 second then add 1/4 cup of water and bring it to a boil. Season the sauce with 2 tbsp of mushroom seasoning, tbsp of sugar and 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce. Add more or less of each to cater to your taste. Stir well and turn off heat.
- Once the fish is done carefully remove from Air Fryer. Pour tomato sauce onto the fish. Garnish with cilantro and black ground pepper. Serve immediately with rice!